Kapaau, Hawaii

Had booked a Viking River Cruise for two (Danube Waltz) far in advance for cruise to start on 10/11/15 from Passau to Budapest. Deposit made and contract called for bal some 3 months prior to cruise. But 11 months before the cruise, was advised my booking was being cancelled due to non payment of $ due. Pointed out the written contract but still got cancelled out. Then was told that I could rebook the cruise but at a higher price or take lesser cabin selection. Got 80% refunded w/20% taken as a penalty. Thank goodness the deposit had been put on a credit card and I got that 20% by filing claim w/the credit card co.

Was upset at the cancellation as I had already booked my own airline tickets to/from Europe, forcing me to convert the trip to a land tour. But the land tour turned out really great, getting in all the major sights + more that was to be on the cruise. And it was done $3,500 cheaper! After reading all the horror stories on Viking River Cruises, I am now very happy that they cancelled out my booking. Thank you Viking River Cruises! Thank you! You'll never see any more of my $$.

This reviewer shared experience about "not cruising with this crooked outfit!" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). DonC9999 is overall satisfied with Viking Cruises. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Viking Cruises.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cruises and Ships category for more informed decision or compare Viking Cruises to other companies on our site.

Comments

We plan an April Danube River trip on Viking.We were startled to learn just recently that Viking is saying they won't provide a bus trip to Salzburg.

The Salzburg trip was in the original cruise description of a year ago and a big reason why we booked this trip.I am not happy with Viking Cruises and doubt I would ever book with them again!

to Anonymous Kapaau, Hawaii, United States #1116084

You should check out this site for all the other horror stories on Viking River Cruises.On Fodor Travel, Viking is only a 1* vs 5* for the max.

Just not a company to do plan a trip with.