Kapaau, Hawaii

Had booked a Viking River Cruise for two (Danube Waltz) far in advance for cruise to start on 10/11/15 from Passau to Budapest. Deposit made and contract called for bal some 3 months prior to cruise. But 11 months before the cruise, was advised my booking was being cancelled due to non payment of $ due. Pointed out the written contract but still got cancelled out. Then was told that I could rebook the cruise but at a higher price or take lesser cabin selection. Got 80% refunded w/20% taken as a penalty. Thank goodness the deposit had been put on a credit card and I got that 20% by filing claim w/the credit card co.

Was upset at the cancellation as I had already booked my own airline tickets to/from Europe, forcing me to convert the trip to a land tour. But the land tour turned out really great, getting in all the major sights + more that was to be on the cruise. And it was done $3,500 cheaper! After reading all the horror stories on Viking River Cruises, I am now very happy that they cancelled out my booking. Thank you Viking River Cruises! Thank you! You'll never see any more of my $$.

Product or Service Mentioned: Viking Cruises Cruise Booking.

Reason of review: Not cruising with this crooked outfit!.

• River Cruises
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 06, 2015.

Comments

We plan an April Danube River trip on Viking. We were startled to learn just recently that Viking is saying they won't provide a bus trip to Salzburg.

The Salzburg trip was in the original cruise description of a year ago and a big reason why we booked this trip. I am not happy with Viking Cruises and doubt I would ever book with them again!

to Anonymous Kapaau, Hawaii, United States #1116084

You should check out this site for all the other horror stories on Viking River Cruises. On Fodor Travel, Viking is only a 1* vs 5* for the max.

Just not a company to do plan a trip with.